After searching through a couple sites this quote really stuck with me...
Success has ruined many a man.
This not only is for men, if anyone lets their own personal success go to their heads to far it will ruin you as a person, your work relationships or even your family. A success does not just have to be work related which is what I initially thought, but this could be meeting a weight loss goal. Something that some one else may see as a goal that would not affect much, but to the person that has lost the weight and has gone through all the pain and hardships, this goal is the world. If a person lets losing weight go to their head this could ultimately ruin your friendships or other relationships. The way weight loss changing the way your view your life can be amazing, you are now seeing yourself how others have always seen you, but once you finally feel the same way, you will never be happy with who you are. On the negative side of weight loss, you are given this new found confidence and you may head up letting this confidence go to your head and you could start pushing away everyone that supported your at your worst AND your best.
Success is always positive, until you let it go to your head. You as a person need to stay grounded and true to your own morals, but matter how small or big the success.
thats a great quote. Its amazing how much insight can be had by the short quotes from such an old book.
ReplyDeleteAs for weight loss, I completely agree. What you have explained can really be applied to any bug success that a person can have in their life. Letting the success go to your head can have incredibly negative impacts.
Great post!
I know I have heard this quote many times, but I have never really stopped to think about it!
ReplyDelete