Thursday, April 18, 2013

12. Censoring

I personally can NOT stand how much the government feels that things need to be censored. Leave it up to the human race to decide what we will listen to and what we will allow our children to listen too. If it is not listen to it will disappear in time and no one has to deal with it anymore. The members of our government also have the same choice that we have it what they watch and listen to. This is one reason why my husband pays for Sirus radio for his car. Our favorite station is the Jason Ellis show! He talks about anything about everything. He does a lot of talking about sex and drugs but that is okay. If you do not want to listen to it you DO NOT have to!!

I do have to say though the only thing that I do agree with is that TV stations are restricted from playing sexual content in the show or commercials until have 10pm. This is after most children are in bed and can not stubble upon the content that they are not mature enough for yet.

3 comments:

  1. Preach. I agree with you 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your standpoint. It should not be government regulated and people should be responsible enough to change the station or hit the power button. BUT, explicit material should be censored by some entity so that deviant behavior is not reinforced in every form of media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100%. If you dont want you child to watch something you should take the act as a parent to tell them its wrong and not to watch or block unwanted stations, websites, and channels.

    ReplyDelete